Sunday, February 28, 2010

see SEE SEEDS...


Yup it's true - we got a bunch of our seeds yesterday! Spring might be around the corner! I was laid up with the stupid ankle and Big T was bored so we jumped in the car to go check out Richters ...




They had seeds out - so rather than doing my normal ordering - pouring over the catalogue thing I grabbed a box and browsed the racks of seeds ... a little of this, some of that, mostly working from the list in my head.

I missed a couple of things, I'm sure, but got parsley, corn, beans, peas, watermelon, pumpkin, herbs, bunny plantings and more ...


it was a neat way to do it.

I didn't get tomatoes or ground cherries or leeks or onions as I wasn't thrilled with how any of those seeds grew so instead I'll spend a little more on plants when the time comes ..


must not forget to order potatoes though!!

2 comments:

Heidi D said...

Have you ever tried square foot gardening? I find it intriguing. I hope to do it this spring and summer.

Terri said...

Oh, I love buying seeds in the spring! This year I'm making myself wait, though, and see what I actually plant before I buy any more. Wish me luck!

Oh, and e-mail me at trp100329(at)cs.com with your address again, please - I still owe you some things and I am truly sorry that I kept you waiting for so long!