Sunday, June 28, 2009

identified the breeds of the girls ...

Buff Orpington and Black Australorp ..how cool is that?

Coop is nearly built - chicken wire is ready for making a run .. hopefully they'll get to move out tomorrow. Big T has used all scavenged materials - amazing we have been able to just build around what we have. Bunny hutches need to be banged together too - hopefully tomorrow morning will be as nice as this morning was ...

weeding is on the to do list (of course) as the garden is a jungle but we'll get there when we can

dogs are loving it - we are loving it too

it smells SO GOOD to just stand outside the front door.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Oh, I loved my buff orpington hen - my husband gave her away to an acquaintance and I was soooo mad at him! To his credit, he didn't know she was my favorite. And we had decided to give away a few chickens. But I have mourned her ever since. Aren't you lucky to have one?!

I don't have any australorps but I think they're supposed to be decent winter egg-layers!

andrea said...

hehehe knowing me I have probably misidentified them :)
but they are darn cool ...