Saturday, August 28, 2010

garden daze .. and woody ways

I was chatting to some coworkers last week and they were amazed at what we grow in our garden.
This year's list is pretty impressive: peas, beans, garlic, onions, spring onions, a honey dew melon, zucchini, sunflowers, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, raspberries, blackberries, dill, sage, parsley, thyme, lavender, oregano, rosemary, chives, the wild grapes actually did very well this year too


not as happy with but also grew/growing or tried to grow : carrots, potatoes, watermelon, fennel, lettuce, chard, strawberries, corn (we ended up getting enough corn for one feast - 8 small but very tasty ears) and a couple of strange things I'm still not sure of what they are ...


and of course feed for the rabbits too - clover, plantain, dandelions etc


Big T is working hard to get ahead with the wood this year - when I go collecting for hay for the rabbits winter supply he grabs his chain saw and tackles the woods ... I miss helping him but I can hear the saw running and taking breaks as I snip my way around Judy's field (which is where I'm considering creating a bunny hay field)

No comments: