Sunday, October 10, 2010

Giving Thanks

The fall colours are perfect this weekend and the weather is glorious - frost last night but hot yesterday. Amazing. Grass is greener and more lush than it's been in two months.

We went for a lovely walk at the farm, Big T, Mum, her dog Wilkie, Sampson, Sally, Thea, Brody and me.. it was lovely. I cut a bunch of my pile of wood. I like chainsawing - so constructive! I played agility in the afternoon which always puts a smile on my face.

Mum arranged for the grass to be cut while we were away. What a nice treat. So thoughtful given our busted borrowed mower.

For dinner we had chicken legs baked with roasted root veggies - garlic, onion, potato, carrot - DELISH! Added corn to the meal and it was perfect!

Tonight dinner at Mum's with my cousin Jackie.

It's been a tragic year (2 years? 3 years?) Losing so many we have loved so much. But ... still lots to be thankful for. Lucky us to even know how much we have lost.

No comments: